Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You eat breakfast in an ally?


I slept in today because our show was cancelled. Slept in till 11:45 which my body never lets me do and I've been putting around ever since. Normally on a nice day like this I would head into the city and get a cup of coffee or fire up the black-box and play games for a while after tending to the many animals that inhabit my apartment. However, for various reasons, I haven't been staying in my apartment lately and I'm starting to feel like an imposition in my current living situation. I'm heading to Charles and Marcia's on Friday and looking after their house for the weekend, then maybe I'll stay there for most of the rest of the run. I'm tired of being in transit all of the time. Living out of a duffel bag gets old real fast and when people start to notice and say, "Don't you ever leave? You're here all the time.", you start to feel a little like parasite. I know they're joking and they don't mean it to be cruel, but it still makes me sad and uncomfortable. I was trying to think of things that made me feel at ease, at home, and all I could come up with would be how nice it would've been to have had breakfast at Al's this morning with Per. I tried to explain to someone once about what it's like to eat a meal at Al's and all they could say was, "You eat breakfast in an ally?". Some people will just never understand. You have to go there to truly know what it means to eat maybe the best goddamn breakfast you've ever had while someone stands behind you waiting to get your seat when you finish. That would have made me feel at home today. Would have made me feel like I was anywhere and not just stuck.

3 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, boy. Next time you're home we could go every goddamn day.

 
At 10/19/2005 5:14 PM, Blogger Ahren said...

You're on! Might be home for Christmas and some of Jan. I'll let you know. ^^

 
At 10/20/2005 10:50 AM, Blogger emily said...

Come home soon. It makes me homesick to listen to you being homesick and I'm at home.

Figure that out if you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home